Given a chance, who wouldn’t love to buy a new fan and blower, tank, motor or screener for their manufacturing plant? It has got all those “new” and “shiny” things about it. However, all this comes at high upfront costs in sticker prices, and taxes, and other hidden charges.
In today’s tough economic situations, when businesses are trying to cut down costs without compromising on quality, used equipment comes to their rescue. Is it all about costs or something else is involved? Read this blog to know 7 ways businesses are saving money by buying used machinery equipment.
7 Reasons Why Businesses Should Invest in Used Machinery Equipment
Here are 7 reasons why businesses invest in used fans & blowers, used tanks, used screeners, and more.
1. Branded Products at Affordable Prices: Used machinery equipment are available at affordable prices. Generally, this price differentiation ranges from 30-70%, depending on the quality, and condition of the used equipment. This would translate to huge savings over the time. Every new equipment depreciates with time. In the first year, the depreciation is usually 20-40% depending on the usage. Hence, you can easily avoid this big depreciation by buying a good quality used machinery.
2. Avoid Loans: Lower prices of used fans and blowers, used screeners and mixers, and other used equipment help companies avoid costly loans. Even if they take a loan, the amount of interest will be very less, and can be easily repaid in a short time.
3. A Great Range of Products: The global market of used machinery equipment is expanding. Hence, online used equipment sellers are trying to include products from diverse brands. This provides various choices to buyers than any single brand can offer. Whether you are looking for used tanks, used screeners, or other machinery equipment, there are various products available for your consideration. Also, many of these sellers provide unused equipment such as unused motors at the price of used items. This is again beneficial for buyers.
4. Warranty: Most reputed used equipment sellers offer 1- year warranty on their products. This helps companies save on costly repairs for at least a year.
5. Flexibility: Buying used equipment provides high flexibility to any business that takes up short term projects. They may require a particular type of machine for a certain period, and can sell it later – with little depreciation. At times, buying new items may mean long waiting times, and significant loss in value.
6. Eco-friendly Option: Buying used equipment is a greener option. Why? Used machines are not considered fuel efficient, still are one of the unique ways of reducing overall carbon footprint. Industrial equipment manufacturing plants consume lots of energy in the form of electricity, raw materials, and human labor. Hence, by reusing the used equipment you can save on these areas, and become an eco-friendly business.
7. Backup Machines: Today, businesses are working hard to improve their time to market capabilities. They understand the importance of delivering quality products in fast turnaround times. Many times machines may stop working or slow down due to faulty parts. They may require costlier replacements, with longer repair times. In such cases, businesses can avoid the downtime by stocking good quality used back-up machines. Also, they can take advantage of using branded machines at lesser prices. Building a large inventory of used machines is an intelligent choice for all big and small businesses alike.
All the above-mentioned reasons suggest why buying used equipment is going to be a hot trend in the future. However, buying used fans and blowers, or unused motors can add up to the smart buy, if you are purchasing it from a reputed used machine seller like J&M Industrial. The company provides used and unused products from industry leading brands. All these products are offered in the shortest turnaround times.
About the Author – Brad Smith, Owner and Marketing Manager for J&M Industrial. J&M Industrial(www.jmindustrial.com) is a global buyer and seller of used and unused surplus industrial process equipment.